[NeXus-committee] New logo draft

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Thu Nov 7 23:28:20 GMT 2019

Hi everyone,
As I said at the telco, I think the original motivation for seeking a new logo was that some objected to the pinkish colour of the background, so a while ago, I created a bluer version. So here is the original logo with a couple of variants with different fonts. I think the original Oxford font works well with the square icon, because the letters are slightly italicized, but I made the ‘e’ a little less fussy.

Change can be healthy, and I’m usually in favour of good graphics design. However, I think it is important that we only change if it’s an improvement. Personally, I wasn’t all that keen on what Ben sent, partly because of the confused semiotics (why is the X highlighted? do we really want to offend neutron scatterers?) and partly because I find the font a bit brutalist, but obviously tastes will vary. If people are fed up with what we have, please propose something better.

With best regards,
Ray Osborn, Senior Scientist
Materials Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Phone: +1 (630) 252-9011
Email: ROsborn at anl.gov<mailto:ROsborn at anl.gov>
[cid:DA9A0F35-0F5C-430E-AB8A-E2BA71968BF1]