[NeXus-committee] nexus-tech

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Fri Nov 8 13:48:46 GMT 2019

Hi all,

Recently there have been a number of messages on nexus-tech that the moderator accepted that go against the stated intend of nexus-tech:

5.3.4. NeXus Video Conference Announcements
There are video conferences on NeXus roughly twice a month. Agenda and joining details are posted on the webpage: http://www.nexusformat.org/Teleconferences.html In addition calendar invites are sent to this list. NeXus-Tech used to be used for discussions in the past. Now the list is moderated to only allow communication related to holding meetings. All other traffic should go to the main list nexus at nexusformat.org

List Address: nexus-tech at nexusformat.org
If we want to get people to participate in NeXus it also makes sense to include all those that have declared an interest (by subscribing to the list).

But that was my opinion. We can feel differently about that today: That we should have two levels of engagement - basic in nexus@ and advanced in nexus-tech at . Then we should change the wording above and advertise this, so everyone that wants can join. And we should offer public pipermail archives for nexus-tech.

Best wishes,
Tobias

P.S. I prefer any of Dieter's suggestions for the logo over the BNL ones.

--
European Spallation Source, Lund, Sweden