[NeXus-committee] Feb Telco and 2020 NIAC

Benjamin Watts benjamin.watts at psi.ch
Mon Feb 10 15:10:51 GMT 2020

Hi Everyone,
   The poll for the Feb Telco was close and Monday, February 24th came
out slightly ahead (sorry Heike!).

The NIAC meetings have traditionally been held together with the NOBUGS
conference. NOBUGS 2020 will be held in Hamburg (XFEL/DESY) on October
14-16th and we propose to hold the 2020 NIAC meeting at the same
location on October 12-13th. We further propose to hold a Code Camp on
either the weekend before (10-11th), or after (17-18th). Room
availability has been confirmed for all of these dates. Since we have
just had a Code Camp, I think it makes more sense to have the Code Camp
after the NIAC meeting so that we can use it to implement NIAC
decisions, but I'm open to other ideas. Proposals for alternative dates
(and locations) can be brought up at the Telco.

Please give an indication of your intention to attend and date
preferences via this poll (preferably before the telco, so we can have
an informed discussion):
https://doodle.com/poll/7c39uppbs7qwsveh

The coming Telco would be a good place for further discussion of any
issues surrounding the 2020 NIAC and Code Camp, and I ask those not able
to join the Telco to post any concerns or questions they have on the
mailing list. There is now a NOBUGS2020 web site, but it doesn't contain
much yet:
https://indico.desy.de/indico/event/24321/overview

Cheers,
Ben