[NeXus-committee] July Telco

Watts Benjamin (PSI) benjamin.watts at psi.ch
Thu Jul 29 10:50:09 BST 2021

Hi Everyone,

   The minutes for the July telco has been posted to https://www.nexusformat.org/Telco_20210728.html

There were 2 issues that I would like to get wider opinions on:

  1.  count values currently don't have their own unit and adding NX_COUNT to the list of unit types has been proposed. Is this a simple bug fix, or is it closer to a change in the standard that requires a NIAC vote? Please give your opinion on the github issue: https://github.com/nexusformat/definitions/issues/932
  2.  New laboratory X-ray sources should be added to the list of NXsource types. Is "metal jet x-ray source" too specific? What other sources should we consider (further laser types)? Please contribute to the github issue discussion: https://github.com/nexusformat/definitions/issues/934

Cheers,
Ben