[NeXus-committee] Nomination for Chen Zhang ORNL SNS/HFIR

Godoy, William godoywf at ornl.gov
Wed Dec 1 16:31:42 GMT 2021

Dear Benjamin and NeXus Committee Members,

I’d be stepping down as the ORNL representative for NIAC due to new commitments.
Please let me introduce Dr. Chen Zhang from ORNL (CC here), who will be nominated to the committee as my replacement. I’d be serving in my current role until his confirmation.

It’s been a pleasure to be part of NIAC, achievements include speeding up some of the NeXus related workflows used as a backend in Mantid (LoadEventNexus and LoadMD) as it’s relevant for ORNL’s SNS/HFIR users, and hopefully other facilities 😊.
The work resulted in handful or publications on the computer science side, but more importantly happier users in production systems 😊

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Regards,
William