[NeXus-committee] Maintenance of the 'code' repository

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Wed Apr 19 14:28:57 BST 2023

Hi,

This is not necessarily as a topic for the NAIC meeting today, but I was
wondering how updates for the code-base are handled:

	https://github.com/nexusformat/code

More specifically, I've noticed that the code uses an old version of
MXML (v2, IIRC).  I believe distributions have mostly migrated to MXML
v3.  The result is that the above code-base simply doesn't compile if
XML support is enabled.

I noticed this because the Debian NeXus packages (libnexus1 and
nexus-tools) are built with XML disabled: the XML options just don't work.

I started creating a patch to fix this (rather simply, just updating the
code to use the MXML v3 API).  However, before proceeding, I thought it
would be worth discussing this issue with the people maintaining the
code base.

Cheers,
Paul.