[NeXus-committee] tag new release and update conda-forge package for nexus-api

Zhang, Chen zhangc at ornl.gov
Tue Nov 21 19:47:08 GMT 2023

Hi everyone,

The last official tag/release for the package nexus-api (https://github.com/nexusformat/code) was almost three years ago. Can we do a quick modernization of this package (update dependency list, update API call for latest HDF5, etc.) and tag a new release?

Also, do we have a point of contact for nexus-api in the current committee? The development in nexus-api has slowed dramatically in the past 7 years, and I think it is time to decide whether we should continue providing this wrapper or archive the repo.

Best,
Chen