FW: [Nexus-developers] API state

Nick Maliszewskyj nickm at nist.gov
Fri May 20 17:24:25 BST 2005

I'm not completely wedded to the requirement of pushing out
3.0 vs. 2.1.  I am concerned, however, about ensuring that
we do get a working XML layer out into usage in the short term.
If a truncated 3.0 (no XML, no NXU, or at least these things
are not compiled and linked in) will pass as a 2.1, then fine.
If much more work is required to build the distribution kit and
to make the necessary tests then we should keep pressing on to
3.0.

We are all busy and subject to the demands of our employers. We
need to release soon, but we need to do so in such a way that
taxes our meager resources least. If we package 2.1, let's do so
with the understanding that 3.0 (beta or not) is right around
the corner.

Nick