NeXus links.

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Tue Aug 17 18:56:05 BST 1999

>> There is also a minor update to the NeXus API to correct a
>> potential problem
>> with linking groups.  If you have experienced any anomalies in using
>> NXgetgroupID and NXmakelink, please check it out.
>
> Does this fix the problem with the Fortner Browser where links were not
> shown ?
>
> Eric.

No, the data items were being correctly linked in the NeXus API before the
latest version.  The only problems would have arisen with linking groups.  I
suspect that not many people have been doing that, which is why the problem
wasn't spotted before.

I have checked that my own browser program (which I will distribute shortly)
correctly sees both instances of data linked to two different groups, even
when the Fortner Browser shows only one.  Since you drew my attention to the
problem, I have been meaning to contact Fortner because it's an irritating
shortcoming in an otherwise useful browser.

Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845