[Nexus] How to model a grating monochromator?

Wellenreuther, Gerd gerd.wellenreuther at desy.de
Fri Nov 26 08:47:35 GMT 2010

Dear all,

I am right now trying to assemble the most important NeXus-building
blocks for a virtual all-purpose SR-beamline
(https://hdri-sdf.desy.de/index.php/SR_Example). I wonder how to
properly represent a monochromator which is using gratings instead of
crystals. What about introducing an NXgrating baseclass, and allow them
to be used instead of NXcrystal in NXmonochromator?

And while we are thinking about this, what about multilayers? They are
modeled using NXmirror, right? Could they be an option in
NXmonochromator, too?

Cheers, Gerd
--
Dr. Gerd Wellenreuther
beamline scientist P06 "Hard X-Ray Micro/Nano-Probe"

Tel.: + 49 40 8998 5701