[Nexus] Antwort: Welcome to the "NeXus" mailing list (Digest mode)

Pete Jemian jemian at anl.gov
Fri Aug 1 16:24:05 BST 2014

Igor:

Both the intermediate files (schematron and XML) referenced in
http://download.nexusformat.org/sphinx/validation.html are internal
files of the NXvalidate code, not presented for access as part of NeXus.
  The exact details of data file validation are provided in the source
code of NXvalidate but are not yet present in the User Guide.

I take it as an assignment that we should create a library code for data
file validation.  Also to document the validation process.  We can
schedule both these for the upcoming code camp this fall.

In the repository, the nxdl.xsd file is one directory up from the
various (base class, application, contributed) definitions.  You may
find it necessary to also to have the file nxdlTypes.xsd.  There is yet
another file, NeXus.xsd, that is not used now for data file validation.

Pete

On 7/31/2014 11:17 AM, Igor.Khokhriakov at hzg.de wrote:
> Dear NeXus Users,
>
> Could someone please clarify me how can I use NXvalidate?
>
> Basically my case is - I develop a c++ appilication that creates and
> populates hdf5 files in NeXus format. Users of my application defines
> structure of the file. What I would like is to integrate nice validation
> into my application. I have read through NeXus documentation,
> specifically http://download.nexusformat.org/sphinx/validation.html and
> looked roughly through the NXvalidate source code.
>
> But I can not find where the schematron file is. In the documentation it
> is said: "The NXDL definition files are converted into a set of
> Schematron rules using the xslt/nxdl2sch.xsl XSLT stylesheet". But this
> XSLT file is never used in the source code. Looks like NXvalidate
> expects this file created by some other process.
>
> So the question is - how one can create the schematron file?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
>    Igor.
> Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
> Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
> Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany
>
> Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser,
> Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
> MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
> Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
> Internet: http://www.hzg.de

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189