[Nexus] Question about NeXus application specs for XPS spectrometers

Jemian, Pete R. jemian at anl.gov
Fri Sep 11 18:22:53 BST 2020

Mark:

I'm not aware but others in the NeXus community might be.  Forwarding
your message to the NeXus mailing list.

Regards,
    Pete

On 9/11/2020 7:39 AM, Greiner, Mark wrote:
> Dear Mr. Jemian,
>
> I got your email from the NeXus contacts page. I hope you don't mind.
>
> I am trying to write a meta-data specification for X-ray photoelectron
> spectra (XPS). I intend to write one version and submit it to the NeXus
> application specifications, and also a JSON version of the same thing.
>
> I was looking for some application specs for XPS and the closest thing I
> have found is the one on ARPES.
>
> It seems to me that there is not much in the NeXus specifications for
> electron energy analyzers (such as hemispherical analyzers).
>
> Do you happen to know of any examples that I could refer to?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Mark
>

> *
> *
> *Dr. Mark Greiner*
> /Group Leader/
>
> Max-Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion
> Department of Heterogeneous Reactions / Surface Analysis Group
>
> Stiftstrasse 34-36
> 45470 Mülheim an der Ruhr
>
> Tel. +49 (0)208 306-3686
> Mobile. +49 (0) 152 5547 6658
> www.cec.mpg.de

Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                 <jemian at anl.gov>
Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition (BC, aka BCDA)
Advanced Photon Source,    Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL  60439                    630 - 252 - 3189
       Education is the one thing for which people
          are willing to pay yet not receive.