[Nexus] HDF5 as NeXus file format

Gabriel Jover Manas gjover at cells.es
Thu Apr 7 15:47:30 BST 2022

Dear NeXus Users Community,

Last NFDI NeXus Workshop was a great opportunity to meet the community
and learn from the experience of other scientists and institutions.

Here at ALBA we are working on the integration of NeXus files in our
data analysis workflows.

In this scope we are interested on investigating alternatives to hdf5 as
NeXus file format, in terms of slice read/write performance,
read-write-many capabilities and convenient reading.

Would the community be open to decoupling the data format (NeXus) from
the file format (HDF5)?
Is there already any effort in the community in this direction?
Is anyone else also interested?

Best regards,

Gabriel

--

ALBA Synchrotron <http://www.albasynchrotron.es>

	Gabriel Jover-Mañas
Scientific Data Management
Computing Division

ALBA SYNCHROTRON LIGHT SOURCE
Carrer de la Llum 2-26 | 08290 | Cerdanyola del Vallès| Barcelona |
Spain <http://www.albasynchrotron.es/en/about/coming-to-alba>
(+34) 93 592 4471
www.albasynchrotron.es <http://www.albasynchrotron.es>|
Gabriel.Jover at cells.es | legal notice
<https://www.albasynchrotron.es/en/about/legal-notice>

**Please, do not print this e-mail unless it is absolutely necessary.
**Si heu rebut aquest correu per error, us informo que pot contenir
informació confidencial i privada i que està prohibit el seu ús. Us
agrairíem que ho comuniqueu al remitent i l'elimineu. Gràcies.
Si ha recibido este correo por error, le informo de que puede contener
información confidencial y privada y que está prohibido su uso. Le
agradeceré que lo comunique a su remitente y lo elimine. Gracias.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please note that it may
contain confidential and private information, therefore, the use of this
information is strictly forbidden. Please inform the sender of the error
and delete the information received. Thank you.