[Nexus-developers] RE: nexus spec: "..." ????

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 11:19:34 BST 2004

Hartmut,

A "..." is used in NXdata to indicate that something can vary/is not
specified explicitly, however I can find no mention of its use in the
MetaDTD specification so that is something that needs updating/clarifying.
As NXdata can have variable content and the dimensionality/shape of the
"data" member vary depending on what axes are linked in, this notation is
needed - for the example you give [:...] covers the cases [:] [:,:] [:,:,:]
etc.

Regards,

Freddie