[Nexus-developers] NeXus autotools

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 12:26:22 BST 2004

>   This may be less standardized. Make sure that the --with-java option is
>   properly honoured (or taken as JAVA_HOME). I have at least three Java
>   versions on my box....

--with-java currently specifies the name of the JAVAC compiler. We have a
few options:
* add somethink like  --with-java-home=   as a separate option
* make --with-java   specify JAVA_HOME rather than JAVAC; we may then need
to add a --with-javac option in case JAVAC is not "javac"

Personally I feel  --with-javac  should specify JAVAC and --with-java
specify the separate JAVA command, which would leave --with-java-home  for
the SDK install directory. What do other packages do though?

Freddie