[Nexus-developers] RE: RPM version number

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 15:07:59 BST 2005

Nick,

I've tagged CVS as of 2005-07-21 as NEXUS_3_0_0 and made the following
additional changes

- the version number in "configure.ac" is now 3.0.1 so a "make dist" etc
from CVS will produce a nexus-3.0.1.tar.gz file and running "build_rpm"
directly will produce nexus-3.0.1-1.i386.rpm
- I've added an environment variable PACKAGE_RELEASE to configure that
can be used to modify the release number (the -1 in the above name).
This will be used by the automatic build system to generate shapshots
which will be named in the form

nexus-3.0.1-0.200507271345cvs.{i386,src}.rpm

meaning a pre-release snapshot of nexus-3.0.1 generated at 13:45 on 27
July 2005. By using -0.date as the release number we make sure that any
official releases (these will start -1.) will not get overwritten by a
CVS pre-release of that same version. Official release rpms will now
need to be made by manually running "build_rpm" from a cvs checkout
rather than taking the latest cvs snapshot rpm, but this is probably a
good idea anyway as then you are sure what version you are getting.

Regards,

Freddie