[Nexus-developers] 4.0rc2

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Fri Mar 30 10:49:30 BST 2007

Hi,

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) schrieb:
> I think I have fixed both the new leak reported by Stephane (ticket 45)
> and the python issue (ticket 38), but am awaiting confirmation from Mark
> and Stephane. A 4.0 latest branch kit is now automatically built and
> posted at:

I can confirm the fix for the memory leak. At least I could not detect
any one. Unfortunately I
cannot confirm the fix for the python issue. I still fail to get  a
PYTHONROOT in the Makefile and
then it does not find pythons header files. Moreover when I do a
--without-python in the configuration
autocong rightly says it does not do python but still fails compiling
the swig binding because of a
missing nxpython.py. Which normally is produced by swig. But I wonder if
we should let this issue
stop us from releasing NAPI-4.0.

There was some non ANSI-C constructs in the napi code which made MS-VC
stumble. I fixed this, at least
I believe so .

I made a new ticket because NXsummary fails to link for me.  If it does
nothing else it whould do at least that.

                         Best Regards,

                                   Mark