[Nexus-developers] imgCIF / NeXus Interaction

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 14:40:01 BST 2007

At the recent imgCIF workshop, held during BSR2007, the interaction of
NeXus and imgCIF was discussed
(http://www.medsbio.org/meetings/BSR_2007_imgCIF_Workshop/). The main
issue that needs to be solved is how to handle the different axis
conventions/names for items, but as a first step it was agreed that
Stuart, myself and Herbert Bernstein would look at producing a program
to simply import the whole CBF tree into a separate area of a NeXus file
"as is". To this end I have created a trac ticket
(http://trac.nexusformat.org/code/ticket/90) and an area in the NeXus
subversion repository (contrib/applications/CBFLib) for the preliminary
work. We will report on progress at the upcoming NIAC meeting.

Freddie