[Nexus-developers] Missing instrument definitions

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:14:17 GMT 2010

Definitely NXsas does not cover ultra-small-angle scattering.
(Terms such as slit length that define the collimation broadening
due to the common Bonse-Hart geometry must be defined.)
Only a few USAS instruments worldwide use pinhole geometry
(needs sample-detector distance >> 10 meters),
all others use Bonse-Hart geometry to gain Q resolution
significantly below 0.01 1/nm.

Leave the ticket open.   I will work on the NXusas definition.
Same definition can apply to both USANS and USAXS.

Thanks for reviewing.

Mark Koennecke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a little time to look at the missing application definitions.
> There are a couple
> of things here which need to be discussed:
> - IMHO, the USAX and USANS cases are covered by NXsas. Please object;
> otherwise
>  I will close those tickets.
> - NXprocess: this has only use as documentation. We need specialized
> processed data
>  application definition like the provided NXiqproc or NXtomoproc.
> NXsqpro being planned.
>  I rather think we close this one too.
> - I am confused about the protein crystallography entry: I thought
> with NXxrot, NXxeuler, NXxkappa
>  most single crystal diffractometers used at PX beamlines are covered.
> What might be missing is
>  NXxlaue for Laue diffraction. So my question here is: what is
> missing? If I do not hear anything,
>  I will go forward and close this one too.
>
> Happy New Year and Best Regards,
>
> Mark

 Pete R. Jemian, Ph.D.                <jemian at anl.gov>
 Beam line Controls and Data Acquisition, Group Leader
 Advanced Photon Source,   Argonne National Laboratory
 Argonne, IL  60439                   630 - 252 - 3189