Data compression vrs Tiling

F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk F.A.Akeroyd at rl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 14:03:22 GMT 2000

One other thing related to my ignorance of programming. I could not use the
1.3.1 API untill I had edited the header file to select the appropriate
calling convention for my PC (winNT C++)
#       define MANGLE(__arg)            CONCAT(__arg,_)
Is this because I'm not using the API correctly or just becuase I didn't
read the installation note properly?

The coice of MANGLE() you made is the correct one if you will only be
calling the NeXus
interface from C - we will add a comment about choosing the correct form of
MANGLE() with
the next release. On the PC FORTRAN routines call FORTRAN routines in a
different way ("stdcall")
to the way C functions call each other. If you are mixing calls between C
and FORTRAN routines (as we
do for the NeXus FORTRAN interface), you need to make C and FORTRAN decide
on a common calling method;
this can either be done by compiler flags or by prefixing the C routines
with "__stdcall" to make them
use the FORTRAN way.

Regards,

Freddie

--
Freddie Akeroyd                              Tel:  +44 1235 445457
ISIS Facility                                    Fax: +44 1235 445720