[Nexus] Python bindings, Java

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Tue Nov 20 07:21:23 GMT 2007

Hi Darren,

On the last NIAC meeting Peter Peterson was tasked to provide a proper
new python binding with support for numpy. This will be part of the 4.2
release of the NeXus-API.
Until then you will have to make do with the SWIG generated python
binding we have now. Peter had already started on this, so some stuff
already exists. If you are willing to
help us out (we are always short of manpower) contact Peter for further
details. And/ or
an estimate when the new python binding becomes available.

Concerning building the NeXus-API without Java: if you omit the
--with-java= option to
configure, no Java bindings should be built. If it still tries to do so,
please file a bug report.

             Best Regards,

                    Mark Koennecke