[Nexus] Python bindings, Java

Darren Dale darren.dale at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 24 21:36:00 GMT 2007

Hi Mark,

I overlooked your email until today. Thank you for responding.

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 02:21:23 am you wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> On the last NIAC meeting Peter Peterson was tasked to provide a proper
> new python binding with support for numpy. This will be part of the 4.2
> release of the NeXus-API.

I am very glad to hear it.

> Until then you will have to make do with the SWIG generated python
> binding we have now. Peter had already started on this, so some stuff
> already exists. If you are willing to
> help us out (we are always short of manpower) contact Peter for further
> details.

I will. I should have some spare time in the next month or two.

> And/ or
> an estimate when the new python binding becomes available.
>
> Concerning building the NeXus-API without Java: if you omit the
> --with-java= option to
> configure, no Java bindings should be built. If it still tries to do so,
> please file a bug report.

./configure, ./configure --with-java=no, and ./configure --without-java all
produce the same result:
  bindings:
    F77 : no (--with-f77=)
    F90/F95 : no (--with-f90=)
    JAVA: yes (--with-java-home=not specified, JAVA=, \
      JAVAC=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/bin/javac, JAVAH=)
    SWIG: no

I filed a bug report, ticket 99.

Darren