[Nexus] Mac OSX 64 Bit NeXus Libraries

Akeroyd, FA (Freddie) freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 30 18:18:58 BST 2009

Stefan,

The new NeXus OSX package was not really a "new version" - it was just a
rebuild of the previous kit to add java; thus I should not actually have
incremented the patch number. As far as I know macosx ignores the patch
number anyway, so I have reverted back to "4.2.0" and will call the
files "4.2.0-n" in future to signify any rebuilds.

I have now managed to generate a combined 32bit / 64bit universal binary
and put it at
http://download.nexusformat.org/kits/macosx/NeXus-4.2.0-2.dmg
Previously I had issues with getting HDF to build this way as HDF makes
decisions about type sizes etc. at the ./configure script stage and
hence you could be using incorrect answers for some of your
32bit/64bit/intel/ppc cross compiles. I believe I have sorted out these
issues, but I do not have a 64bit OSX system to test this and so would
be grateful for any feedback.

Regards,

Freddie Akeroyd

Scanned by iCritical.