[Nexus] NeXus on Vista64

Brian Tieman tieman at aps.anl.gov
Wed Jun 30 23:13:30 BST 2010

Has anyone built napi for 64 bit windows?  I think I've managed to do it
but I'm getting errors when trying to open HDF5 files from napi.

As a test, I built NXDir for 64 bit.  If I pass it an HDF4 file, it
works fine.  If I pass it an HDF5 file I get the error "ERROR: cannot
open file: test.h5"  I'm 90% certain my HDF5 build is OK.  H5dump works
without error and it's functionally doing the same thing as NXDir.  I've
never used NXDir before so I went on to build my own code which calls
napi and I get the same results--HDF4 works fine, HDF5 fails in the same
manner.

I've tried both napi 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 and both fail the same way.

Does anyone use napi 4.2.1 with HDF5?  Maybe there's a bug in napi?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian