[Nexus] NeXus URI schema

Vicente Sole sole at esrf.fr
Sat Nov 27 16:52:46 GMT 2010

Hello,

Quoting Carlos Pascual Izarra <cpascual at cells.es>:

> Hello,
> I need to describe a certain dataset within a NeXus file as an URI.
>
> For example for a Nexus file called "/path/to/foo.h5" containing a
> 2D array as
> a dataset in "/entry/data/bar", one could describe it as:
>
> nexus:///patth/to/foo.h5#/entry/data/bar
>
> But I don't want to reinvent it if there is already an schema...
>
> So, is there one?

Perhaps I have misunderstood something.

Is that not the case of a standard HDF5 external link?

> If not, any comments about the one I propose?
>
> Any thoughts on how to describe indexes in the case of array data?

At the latest NIAC meeting it was decided to have an attribute
"interpretation" with a set of defined values ("spectrum", "image",
"vertex" and other one that I do not remember -probably "scalar"-). If
you follow standard C order, that should take you quite far. If not,
there were the "offsets" and "strides" (I do not remember if there was
an s at the end or not) attributes  to describe how the data were to
be read. Is your question related to that?

Best regards,

Armando