[Nexus] NeXus URI schema

"V. Armando Solé" sole at esrf.fr
Mon Nov 29 09:55:21 GMT 2010

On 29/11/2010 10:38, Carlos Pascual Izarra wrote:
> On Sat November 27 2010 17:52:46 Vicente Sole wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Quoting Carlos Pascual Izarra<cpascual at cells.es>:
>>> Hello,
>>> I need to describe a certain dataset within a NeXus file as an URI.
>>>
>>> For example for a Nexus file called "/path/to/foo.h5" containing a
>>> 2D array as
>>> a dataset in "/entry/data/bar", one could describe it as:
>>>
>>> nexus:///patth/to/foo.h5#/entry/data/bar
>>>
>>> But I don't want to reinvent it if there is already an schema...
>>>
>>> So, is there one?
>> Perhaps I have misunderstood something.
>>
>> Is that not the case of a standard HDF5 external link?
> That would make sense...
> Do you know where is that defined? (I did some googling but I couldn't find it)

Just using google:

http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/RM/RM_H5L.html#Link-CreateExternal

Here you have the examples as I am using them in python:

http://h5py.alfven.org/docs/guide/group.html

Once the file containing the external link is opened, it looks as if the
link is inside the dataset. So, I do not think there is anything special
needed besides using HDF5 1.8

If your link to an HDF5 file is to be found inside something else than
an HDF5 file, then what I am saying does not have much sense. If the
link is inside an HDF5 file, then use HDF5 1.8

Best regards,

Armando