[Nexus] NeXus URI schema

freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 11:00:28 GMT 2010

Hi,

Nexus has a scheme for linking one nexus file to another with the
NXlinkexternal() API call. This function can take a URI of the form
nxfile:///data/dmc02.nxs#/entry1  and allows you to create a link
between nexus objects (either datasets or groups) in two different file.
As far as I know there is no option to link to slices of array data and
the API only understands links to files on your current system at the
moment. The URI is stored as an attribute in the nexus file and so the
scheme works with HDF4, HDF5 and XML based nexus files.

Regards,

Freddie

--
Scanned by iCritical.