[Nexus] NeXus URI schema

Carlos Pascual Izarra cpascual at cells.es
Mon Nov 29 11:25:54 GMT 2010

Thank you for all the answers.

I will use the existing nxfile:// schema for referring to objects inside a nx
file.

If/when I need to refer to slices of data I may define my own extended schema
(something like "nxdata:///data/dmc02.nxs#/entry1/bar[5,6,:]") unless NeXus
decides to permit some equivalent syntax in the nxfile schema.

Cheers!

Carlos

On Mon November 29 2010 12:00:28 freddie.akeroyd at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nexus has a scheme for linking one nexus file to another with the
> NXlinkexternal() API call. This function can take a URI of the form
> nxfile:///data/dmc02.nxs#/entry1  and allows you to create a link
> between nexus objects (either datasets or groups) in two different file.
> As far as I know there is no option to link to slices of array data and
> the API only understands links to files on your current system at the
> moment. The URI is stored as an attribute in the nexus file and so the
> scheme works with HDF4, HDF5 and XML based nexus files.
>
> Regards,
>
> Freddie
>
> > Hello,
> > I need to describe a certain dataset within a NeXus file as an URI.
> >
> > For example for a Nexus file called "/path/to/foo.h5" containing a 2D
> > array as
> > a dataset in "/entry/data/bar", one could describe it as:
> >
> > nexus:///patth/to/foo.h5#/entry/data/bar
> >
> > But I don't want to reinvent it if there is already an schema...
> >
> > So, is there one?
> >
> > If not, any comments about the one I propose?
> >
> > Any thoughts on how to describe indexes in the case of array data?
> >
> > Cheers

 Carlos Pascual Izarra
 Scientific Software Contact
 Computing Division
 Cells / Alba Synchrotron  [http:/www.cells.es]
 Carretera BP 1413 de Cerdanyola-Sant Cugat, Km. 3.3
 E-08290 Cerdanyola del Valles (Barcelona), Spain
 E-mail: carlos.pascual at cells.es
 Phone: +34 93 592 4428