[Nexus] How to model a grating monochromator?

Pete Jemian prjemian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:09:01 GMT 2010

Gerd:

Discussion was resolved today on NXpositioner.  Additional fields need
to be added to document common parameters and various types of
positioners (stepper motors, servo motors, piezo-electric transducers,
inch-worm motions, ...).  Usage is intended to be one or more subgroups
of NXcollection like this:
   beamline has "n" motors
   create an NXcollection group with name of (for example) "positioners"
   create "n" NXpositioner groups inside "positioners:NXcollection"
   store positioner data

Now, when considering other base classes that might also use the same
positioner information, make a link to the particular positioner as
appropriate.

Consider a hypothetical SAXS camera for an example, the sample-detector
distance might come directly from the value of positioner "az":
/NXsas/NXinstrument/NXdetector/distance
      --> positioners:NXcollection/az:NXpositioner/value

As for NXgrating, I will seek experts for content suggestions.  Please,
forward your suggestions.  I'll add them to the TRAC ticket.

	http://trac.nexusformat.org/definitions/ticket/158

Pete