[Nexus] Beamline description using Nexus

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Mon Jan 22 15:32:20 GMT 2018

Heike,
I have obviously left out a few recently added base classes to those that are available by default in NeXpy, or more accurately in the underlying nexusformat package, for which I apologize. I will try to add them in an upcoming release.

However, you can create any class you want, by creating an NXgroup with the nxclass keyword.

>>> grating = NXgroup(nxclass=‘NXgrating’)
>>> grating.__class__
nexusformat.nexus.tree.NXgrating

This was to allow people to experiment with new classes before getting them ratified by the NIAC.

With best regards,
Ray