[NeXus-committee] NXuser, NXsource, and NXmoderator results

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Fri Apr 2 15:34:11 BST 2004

Thank you all for voting on last weeks topics. Here are the results

NXuser: 12 for, 0 against
NXsource: 11 for, 1 against
NXmoderator: 9 for, 2 against, 1 abstain

For subsequent votes I am introducing the idea of "line item veto". What this comes down to is that after the discussion is closed and is being voted on, individual NIAC members can remove particular parts of the definition. For example, if you didn't like the NXdata inside of NXmoderator, say so and it is gone. This should not hinder the proceedings too much since it is easy to add things to a definition, but almost impossible to take things out. Because of that, if there is something in the definitions already passed that you feel strongly about then let me know so I can remove it.

Peter Peterson
--
Spallation Neutron Source
Oak Ridge National Laboratory