[NeXus-committee] Versioning the NeXus definitions

Peterson, Peter F. petersonpf at ornl.gov
Tue Oct 17 19:46:23 BST 2006

Thank you again for attending a very productive meeting in San
Francisco.

This message is concerning version numbers of the definitions. Upon
returning to SNS I realized that myself and others have been declaring
the definition version in their files as 1. For example, in SNS files
the definition tag is
<definition version="1.0.0" URL="???">TOFRAW</definition>

Rather than making a lot of files (not just at SNS, but elsewhere)
quietly incorrect, I propose that we call what was decided in California
version 2.0.0 and the object oriented redesign version 3.0.0.

What do people think?

P^2