[NeXus-committee] coordinate geometry. mcstas and vitesse for NeXus

HAUSER, Nick nha at ansto.gov.au
Tue Mar 13 07:11:38 GMT 2007

Dear NeXus committee,

I can't find explicitly on the nexusformat.org site that mcstas geometry has
been adopted.
There was the discussion http://www.nexusformat.org/Detector_Geometry and a
proposal, which has been adopted, but not documented.

A 'mcstas-like' geometry is implicit in Nxdetector, Nxcollimator, Nxbeamstop
etc. They have x and y tags.
The reason I think it is 'mcstas-like' is that it is relative to the
preceding component, and not global.

I propose that mcstas geometry is made explicit at
http://www.nexusformat.org/Design , including the SNS coordinate geometry
diagram.
There exists an explanation in http://www.nexusformat.org/NXtranslation
under distances, which could be used.

Regards,

Nick.

Nick Hauser
Bragg Institute, Building 82
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1, Menai NSW 2234
AUSTRALIA

T +61 2 9717 9474
F +61 2 9717 7799
M 0417 418 542
E nick.hauser at ansto.gov.au
www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee.
It is confidential and may contain privileged information or copyright
material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or further
disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone and
delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.