[NeXus-committee] DECTRIS example summary

POIRIER Stephane stephane.poirier at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Jan 17 14:43:50 GMT 2013

Hi Eugen,

We (SOLEIL) are facing this kind of problematic for a few months.
We store huge matrixes (sets of images into 2 or 3 dimensions
acquisitions resulting into up to 5-d data items) without compression
(compression is automatically done 'off-line' by our storage facility)
into a single Nexus dataset. If the whole matrix is expected to be too
huge to fit into one single file (because of the 2TB limit), the data is
splitted into several nexus files

Acquisitions may run for several hours, but accessing at the data
(stored into a unique nexus dataset) during the acquisition works well.
We just added a progress indicator that contains the position of the
last completed acquisition step.

regards,

Stephane