[NeXus-committee] obsolescence and evolution: NeXus needs a historic dimension

Tobias.Richter at diamond.ac.uk Tobias.Richter at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 11:43:23 BST 2014

Maybe there is a lesson to be learned from the fact that one of the success stories for an application definition does not actually define an application at all. Similarly the hard and important parts of defining the "application definition" for crystallography are not really specific to the technique.
I can certainly see value in capturing calibration information in a certain way for a particular technique, like in NXtomto. But we find here that same method is now used for ptychography.
We might be using the wrong basis for our application vector space.

Regards,

Tobias