[NeXus-committee] NUP 1 draft 0.2

j.wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jul 17 21:57:16 BST 2014

To discuss and refine a proposal in a systematic and traceable way,
the obvious technical choice nowadays is a wiki. Which we already have.

So after all, my proposal boils down to a few conventions:
- Use the mailing list to communicate your initial idea and to
  find allies with whom to elaborate a proposal.
- Create a proposal on the wiki. Add a 'category:proposal' tag to
  ensure automatized listing. Send an abstract to the mailing list
  to invite for discussion.
- Discussion takes place on the associated discussion page in the wiki.
- During this process, don't change the proposal substantially unless
  explained on the discussion page and agreed by supporters.
- When the proposal has attracted some support on the discussion page,
  and you feel it is mature, then invite the mailing list to vote.
  [Voting modalities still need to be elaborated - suggestions?]
- When a proposal is accepted, break it down into tasks that go
  into the issue tracker.

- Joachim