[NeXus-committee] why cmake for building the manual?

Tobias Richter Tobias.Richter at esss.se
Thu Feb 26 15:25:04 GMT 2015

If implemented a single build system would be a neat idea. We are transitioning to cmake for the last five years. At this moment we seem to have persistent problems with the documentation build using cmake on all OSes, cmake for napi and tools reportedly working for Windows but not other platforms. That’s not a success story.

So far I was certainly sitting back, watching the cmake experts do their cross platform magic that I have no urgent need for. But there seems to be more magic required than anticipated and the experts have other problems to attend in their facilities.

I would wish we make a decision on the way forward before the next code camp, keeping in mind both what the best solution is and what resources and know-how we have at our disposal.

Regards,

Tobias