[NeXus-committee] Proposal for NXcrystal and NXmonochromator

Eugen Wintersberger eugen.wintersberger at desy.de
Tue Mar 10 11:13:04 GMT 2015

Hi Ben
  extending NXmonochromator for soft x-rays is definitely a good idea.
However, instead of using all this funny fields I would rather use
Tobias's "features"-feature and define new class NXgrating.
Then we could have three NXmonochromator related features
1.) NXmonochromator for Neutrons
    whatever is required here - I have no idea about Neutrons
2.) NXmonochromator for hard x-rays
    NXmonochromator must comprise NXcrystal, type, etc.
3.) NXmonochromator for soft x-rays
    NXmonochromator must comprise NXgrating, NXslit, etc.

One could think about this as an application definition restricted
to NXmonochromator ;)

regards
  Eugen

DI. Dr. Eugen Wintersberger