[NeXus-committee] Additions to NeXus

Herbert J. Bernstein yayahjb at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:31:51 BST 2016

Dear Ben,

  The two-component polarization has been customary in MX work for many
years, but you are absolutely right that a full Stokes vector would make
the most sense.  I would suggest two versions:

/incident_polarisation_stokes_average=[SVECI,SVECQ,SVECU,SVECV]

     @units="Watts/meter^2"

 /incident_polarisation_stokes=[STOKESI,STOKESQ,STOKESU,STOKESV]

       @units="Watts/meter^2"

So that we can carry frame-by-frame polarization if we have it, or just
the average if we don't.