[NeXus-committee] [Nexus] NAPI future

Campbell, Stuart scampbell at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 22 18:37:18 BST 2020

    ## Questions

    Abandoning the support for NAPI for bugfix or compatibility with future linux/library/compiler versions will cause me problems at the following level:

    [] Critical: I am using NAPI in critical data acquisition or data reduction/analysis software
    [] Major: important applications may not be usable at some future date
    [] Minor: inconvenience, I have alternatives/can live with this
    [X] None: either i am not using NAPI, or I have copies of all the dependencies that I build/maintain myself

    [] I want the NIAC to continue developing NAPI and make it support more HDF5 features. Please list the
     HDF5 feature you miss in NAPI.

    Which of the NAPI file format bindings do you use:

    [] HDF4
    [X] HDF5
    [] XML

    Which of the NAPI language bindings do you use?

    [X] ANSI-C
    [X] Fortran
    [X] C++
    [] Java
    [] IDL
    [] Swig generated bindings to Tcl, perl, ...

    Which of the NAPI utilities do you use?

    [X] NXbrowse
    [] NXingest
    [] NXtranslate