[NeXus-committee] Nexus format for liquid jet photoemission

Uwe Hergenhahn hergenhahn at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Aug 11 12:42:55 BST 2021

Dear members of the Nexus committee,

we are a group of researchers active in electron
spectroscopy from liquids, mostly using synchrotron
radiation as an excitation source and liquid microjets as a
target. Incentivised by open data regulations in conjunction
with EU funding we started to deposit the data underlying
our published work on zenodo. In the long run we would like
to use a universal data format, such as nexus/hdf5. Our data
are similar, but not identical to NXarpes-ones. We need some
(at least one) additional tags to describe parameters of the
liquid jet source. Currently we therefore tend to omit the
specification of an application definition, with the idea to
possibly draft a community definition tailor-fit to our
experiments in the future. Your advice on how to proceed is
very welcome.

While studying the Nexus definitions some questions about
details occurred. Is that something with which you would be
willing to help, or rather a topic for the mailing list?

Best regards
Uwe Hergenhahn

--
Dr. Uwe Hergenhahn
Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft
E-Mail: hergenhahn at fhi.mpg.de
WWW: https://www.fhi.mpg.de/209380/Liquid-Jets