[NeXus-committee] Nexus format for liquid jet photoemission

Koennecke Mark (PSI) mark.koennecke at psi.ch
Mon Aug 16 08:53:48 BST 2021

Dera Uwe Hergenhan,

> Am 11.08.2021 um 13:42 schrieb Uwe Hergenhahn via NeXus-committee <nexus-committee at shadow.nd.rl.ac.uk>:
>

> Dear members of the Nexus committee,
>
> we are a group of researchers active in electron spectroscopy from liquids, mostly using synchrotron radiation as an excitation source and liquid microjets as a target. Incentivised by open data regulations in conjunction with EU funding we started to deposit the data underlying our published work on zenodo. In the long run we would like to use a universal data format, such as nexus/hdf5. Our data are similar, but not identical to NXarpes-ones. We need some (at least one) additional tags to describe parameters of the liquid jet source. Currently we therefore tend to omit the specification of an application definition, with the idea to possibly draft a community definition tailor-fit to our experiments in the future. Your advice on how to proceed is very welcome.

For the liquid meta source I think the best way forward is to make suggestion in NXDL to the NIAC about the tags required and their documentation. Such an addition
will probably require a NIAC vote but we can go over it and comment on it such that you may need it provisionally.

Same thing with the application definition for your domain: make a suggestion to the NIAC. Place you suggestion in the contributed directory
for application definitions.

> While studying the Nexus definitions some questions about details occurred. Is that something with which you would be willing to help, or rather a topic for the mailing list?

I suggest sending your questions to the NIAC. Or open an issue on the definitions github. Then there is a record of this.

I also suggest that you join one of monthly NIAC teleconferences in order to sort this out. The next one will probably be
in the beginning of september. A date has not yet been set yet. But we can make sure that you get to know it.

Best Regards,

    Mark Koennecke