[NeXus-committee] Advice on NeXus mailing list

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Tue Mar 5 14:34:28 GMT 2024

Hi everyone,

As you know, I've been running a number of mini-workshops on NeXus: the
show-and-tell meetings.  There's currently a short pause before
hopefully continuing with contributions from Sandor (on FAIRmat) and Ray
(on NeXpy).

A few people have been emailing me directly, to ask whether there was a
NeXus show-and-tell meeting today. (Unfortunately, there isn't.)

This led me to wonder whether there's a better way of keeping people
informed about these meetings, perhaps a mailing list.

Creating a list dedicated to this topic isn't a problem; however, I see
there is already a <nexus at nexusformat.org> list.  It doesn't seem
particularly busy right now, but the description seems to match (broadly
speaking) the show-and-tell goals.

So, should I use the <nexus at nexusformat.org> to inform people about
these meetings?

Cheers,