[NeXus-committee] Advice on NeXus mailing list

Osborn, Raymond rosborn at anl.gov
Tue Mar 5 15:35:49 GMT 2024

Hi Paul,
In my personal view, this is an ideal use of the NeXus mailing list.

With regards,
Ray Osborn, Senior Scientist
Materials Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Lemont, IL 60439, USA
Phone: +1 (630) 252-9011
Email: ROsborn at anl.gov

On Mar 5, 2024, at 8:34 AM, Paul Millar via NeXus-committee <nexus-committee at shadow.nd.rl.ac.uk> wrote:

This Message Is From an External Sender

Hi everyone,

As you know, I've been running a number of mini-workshops on NeXus: the
show-and-tell meetings.  There's currently a short pause before
hopefully continuing with contributions from Sandor (on FAIRmat) and Ray
(on NeXpy).

A few people have been emailing me directly, to ask whether there was a
NeXus show-and-tell meeting today. (Unfortunately, there isn't.)

This led me to wonder whether there's a better way of keeping people
informed about these meetings, perhaps a mailing list.

Creating a list dedicated to this topic isn't a problem; however, I see
there is already a <nexus at nexusformat.org<mailto:nexus at nexusformat.org>> list.  It doesn't seem
particularly busy right now, but the description seems to match (broadly
speaking) the show-and-tell goals.

So, should I use the <nexus at nexusformat.org<mailto:nexus at nexusformat.org>> to inform people about
these meetings?

Cheers,