[Nexus-developers] NeXus project plan

Mark Koennecke Mark.Koennecke at psi.ch
Mon Feb 16 13:34:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

As some of you might know there was this european initiative to get
funds for some infrastructure software  work
from the EU, called EDNP.  Now, it looks as if EDNP is not going to be
funded  but a collaboration  is still going on.
One part of this that the participating facilities are drafting an
endorsement document for NeXus which helps us
a lot. In the same meeting I, or more the NIAC, was asked to provide
some kind of a project  plan.  I reluctantly
(management shall always be kept at a minimum!) agreed and appended you
will find my first draft of such a
project plan.

My idea is to draw a first round of comments from the NeXus developers
before passing this on to the full NIAC.

Some of the statements in the document might be plain wrong, some are
controversial. See it as an invitation for
discussion.

What I learned while writing this document is that we are mostly there.
Many important application definitions for
NeXus  just need to be cast into NXDL based on all the stuff we already
agreed upon.

Even more things to talk about at our upcoming VC!

Best Regards,

   Mark