[Nexus] Correct way to specify multiple signals
V. Armando Solé
sole at esrf.fr
Thu Jan 11 10:25:50 GMT 2018
I think it is clear there is a need and I have opened an issue at github:
The text follows.
*Typical use cases:*
* Plotting several counters at scanned positions.
* Fitting raw data and willing to generate a plot with the raw data
and the fitted data
* Elemental mapping where a map is generated for each element
The combination of multiple signals with the use of NXprocess would
solve many provenance issues.
In the past, everything was ready for the implementation via allowing to
have multiple datasets with the signal attribute in an NXdata group and
by playing with attribute values "1", "2", "3". That approach is not any
* Proposal 1: Allow signal to be an array of string with the first
element of the array to be treated as it is now the case with single
* Proposal 2: Define a signals attribute being an array of strings
with the first element of the array to be treated as it is now the
case with single signals.
* Proposal 3: Define a new set of groups NXplot1d, NXplot2d, NXplot3d,
... allowing so.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NeXus