[Nexus] European HDF5 Users Online Meeting - 7 to 8 July 2021

Andrew GOETZ andy.gotz at esrf.fr
Fri Jun 18 06:21:56 BST 2021

Dear All,

the HDF5 file format [1] is widely used in our communities to process
and archive data for the long term. It is therefore one of the
fundamental building blocks for FAIR data and Open Science. The European
Open Science Cloud project PaNOSC [2] and the HDF Group would like to
invite you to join us at the 2nd European HDF5 Users Meeting. The
meeting will be held online via video conferencing. You are invited to
submit talks on topics related to HDF5: how you are using it, new tools,
problems etc. The virtual conference builds on the successful 1st
European conference organised in 2019 [3].

The Meeting will include updates on the latest developments on the HDF5
libraries and ecosystem from the HDF Group. A lot has happened since the
last meeting and they would like to share this with you. If you have
something to showcase please submit the title for your talk by 30 July.
If you are simply interested to get an update on latest developments
please register by this date too. You need to register to get the
connection details. We are sure you will learn something or will find
answers to questions you have. It will be a good occasion to ask the
experts and other members of the community during the discussion session.

Please register and/or submit your talk at the workshop website:

     https://www.hdfgroup.org/hug/europeanhug21/

There are only 3 weeks left to the meeting! We realise this is short
notice but we need to avoid the summer break in Europe. We hope you can
find the time to participate taking into account there is no travel
involved.

Looking forward to hearing how you are using HDF5.

The organising team

Andy Gotz (ESRF+PaNOSC), Lori Cooper (HDF Group), Elena Pournal (HDF
Group), Dax Rodriguez (HDF Group)

[1] https://www.hdfgroup.org/solutions/hdf5/

[2] https://panosc.eu

[3] https://www.hdfgroup.org/2019/09/hdf5-european-workshop/