[Nexus] NXxas and NXMonitor

Watts Benjamin (PSI) benjamin.watts at psi.ch
Tue Jun 21 16:40:25 BST 2022

Hi Will,

   Yes, I agree with your interpretations of the "mode" and "preset" fields. There are 2 NXdetector instances in the instrument group to represent the 2 Keithley signals - The "absorbed_beam" link in "DATA" is clearly indicating to link to one of these. The "MONITOR" group should represent the I0 measurement and so its "data" group should link to the data field in the "incoming_beam" group - This is not so clear from the documentation. Unfortunately, I don't have an example file to give you. However, you can find a template file (written by a script interpreting the XML declaration without any actual data) at https://github.com/nexusformat/exampledata/blob/master/autogenerated_examples/nxdl/applications/NXxas.hdf5 that might be useful.

Cheers,

Ben