[Nexus] Data from experiments involving electrochemistry

Smith, William william.smith at helmholtz-berlin.de
Thu Jul 28 09:07:47 BST 2022

Dear NeXus Community,

 �

I am producing data for a number of techniques that fit into NeXus application definitions like NXmpes, NXxas, NXfluo. During each of the experiments that we perform we may be changing the potential over the sample, or current through the sample or some combination of the two. We might measure the potential applied, the potential across the sample, and the current through the sample.

Does anybody have a suggestion of where to include this data? I can see that NXSample has an electric_field component, but in my case it is changing throughout the experiment. https://manual.nexusformat.org/classes/base_classes/NXsample.html#nxsample

Should the potentiostat that drives the change in the sample environment be part of the INSTRUMENT field, then I would link in data /entry/instrument/potentiostat/electrode_voltage etc

Or

Should the potentiostat that drives the change in the sample environment be part of the SAMPLE field, then I would link in data /entry/sample/potentiostat/electrode_voltage etc

Or something else completely.

I would like to hear how other people tackle this problem.

Thanks!

Will