[Nexus] Data from experiments involving electrochemistry

Collins, Steve (DLSLtd,RAL,SCI) steve.collins at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 10:11:11 BST 2022

Dear Will,

People will have more expert opinions on this than me, but this is something of interest for us at Diamond (ARPES, PEEM, XMCD,…).

I would say that both would be ideal. Fields in NXsample would give an overview of the sample state, independently of the instrumentation controlling it. Then a description of the instrument (e.g. potentiostat) could also be given if this is useful (which it probably is) and the NXsample fields could be linked to it.

I don’t think there is a problem with the values changing throughout the measurement as long as the values for each measurement point are given.

But I’m sure people will have other views…

Cheers,
Steve